November 28, 2012

Halloween, Finally


Since November is almost over, I really need to get our Halloween pictures posted.  Some day I won't be so behind.
 
Tyler, Isaac, Gabe and I went to the school for the annual costume parade.  Our elementary school has over 1,000 kids and the gym where the parents sit to watch is obnoxiously full.  Fortunately, my mother-in-law always goes early and saves us a seat.  On the Saturday before Halloween, we had our ward party and Isaac wouldn't put his costume on at all, so I was a little surprised when he let me put him in it Halloween.  He didn't really want his picture taken in it though.
 

 
Chloe was a cheerleader this year.  She's the one a head taller than the other kids and she's waving.


Colin was Darth Vadar.
 
 
Mia was a witch.  She was excited to see us.

 
Brady didn't wear a costume to school this year.  Apparently, he's too cool for that.  He really wanted a Halo costume, but it was $30.  No way was I going to pay that for a cheap costume he would wear for one day.  For our ward party and trick-or-treating, he was Venom since I had gotten that on clearance for $3 a few years back.


 
Brady and Tyler also wore this lion costume.  It's a good warm one from The Gap.

 
Gabe was a puppy.  He's a cute puppy.

 
Isaac figured out you can use your finger for Fun Dip.



Tyler wanted to be Buzz Lightyear again this year.  I got him a cool helmet that has lights, but of course he's not wearing it.

 
Here's the pumpkins I carved for them this year.  Brady's is the skull.  Mia's is the spider and Chloe's is Wicked.  I carved two of them while holding Gabe.  I gave myself a blister too.  Lance was busy that night so he didn't get to help out.


Gabe was blessed on November 4th.  He was a very good boy and didn't cry.


 
His baby acne was all gone and he looked so cute then he scratched himself on the nose in the middle of the night.

 
Some quotes from Tyler:  "I wish the fart fairy took my farts away cause I don't like to fart." 
"This is my eraser hand.  This is my drawing thing."  -as he licked the window at church.
"It was playing scary music and Gabe was in the swing so I changed it to loving music."
"You should not get that because I don't want your eyebrows green." -after a commercial with Pink for mascara.
"Your belly is getting bigger.  I know you're going to have another baby.  Then we'll have three babies!  I'm petting your baby."  -while petting my belly during church.  (Just to be clear, there is no baby in my belly.)
 
Isaac likes to help himself to candy.  When he does, he always gets two, one for me and one for him.  He's a smart boy.  He's very good at throwing the wrappers away too.
 
Gabe's a really good baby, but he has his issues.  He has a rash in the creases of his neck which started out as excema and turned into a yeast infection.  We've been fighting it for almost two weeks.  When he wears shirts, it irritates it so he's been shirtless for the last two weeks.  I made him a fleece tube top and arm warmers, to keep him warm, but those just turned out to be a hassle.  It's been very frustrating.  Just when I think it's looking better, it gets nasty looking again.  I'm not quite sure what the trick is.
 
He's also become a lazy nurser.  Once it stops flowing, he doesn't want to work for it too much.  He just stops eating and screams at me.  In order to keep up my supply, I've been pumping.  Sometimes, I feed him, pump, feed him that, then he's still hungry so I feed him formula.  It's quite the process.  I don't know how long I'll keep this up.  I have too much to do to spend an hour each feeding trying to get him full!
 
The picture on the left is Gabe at one month.  The picture on the right is Gabe at two monts.  He's gotten longer, but hasn't filled out too much.  At his checkup his doctor said he'd fallen to the 30% for weight but he wasn't failure to thrive yet since he was still growing.  The very idea of failure to thrive was a little scary to me which is one reason, I've been nursing, and pumping and adding formula. 
 
He's not really a fan of the car seat too much.  He doesn't mind it too much if we're moving, but when we stop for too long, he lets us hear about it. 
 
 
He found his hands and likes to munch on those.

 
We had our first snow.  There was snow and dirt and snowsuits and hats and gloves and scarves everywhere.  Snow's a lot of work.


 
After the girls painted their fingernails, they left out the fingernail polish.  Look who found it. 

 
He got some all over the table and stool too.

 
You can see Gabe's tube top here.  Mia wanted me to take these pictures. 



 
Isaac thinks the cradle and swing are for him to play in.  He sits in the cradle and sings rock a bye baby.

 
He sits in the swing to watch tv.
 
 
 
Mia lost her two front teeth just in time for Christmas.  I always wanted to lose my two front teeth right before Christmas.

 
She likes to have her picture taken.

 
Isaac has started to bite Tyler when he's not happy with him.  That bite mark is about 5 days old.  He got him good that time.  Tyler didn't bite too much.  Chloe started biting, then Mia learned to bite back.  It took a while before they quit biting. 

 
Gabe's been smiling lots and has even giggled a few times.  It's so fun when they start interacting.


 
Today I decided to see if Tyler or Isaac would eat Spaghettios.  Brady and Chloe used to like them, but not anymore.  Isaac preferred to fingerpaint with them.

 
 
Last night Brady said totally out of the blue, "Mom, I love you."   It was so nice to hear.  I'm not ready for him to become a teenager.  He can be pain when he's bugging everyone, but it's so nice when he's happy.  He went to Idaho with my brother's family for a couple of days over Thanksgiving.  It was not a good idea.  He's never been good with sleepovers and that hasn't changed.  The first night he did pretty good.  The second night he couldn't sleep.  We got a phone call at 10, then midnight, then 4 am.  He finally fell asleep after the 4 o'clock call.  He keeps telling us different reasons he couldn't sleep.  There was too much snoring or it was too cold.  I think he just missed us. 
 
He also has started sleepwalking.  A couple of nights ago he came up to our room asking about some computer and a game.  It's always confusing to us because he almost seems awake, then we realize he's not really and we have to escort him back to bed.  When we ask him the next day, he usually thinks it was a dream or he can barely remember it. 
 
He and Max put up a tire swing in the back yard.  It should be interesting to see how long it lasts.  Most of their stuff is pretty sturdy, but this one is tied onto a pretty weak branch and it's not very close to the trunk, so it doesn't look quite as solid. 
 
Yay!  I'm kind of caught up now.  It's not very exciting, but at least it's something.





No comments: