October 2, 2013

June part 1

June started our crazy summer.  It was a very fun-filled action-packed time.  We had lots of family in and out of our house all summer.  My older sister was finishing up her Physician Assistant degree and she spent her last 10 weeks doing two rotations in the Salt Lake area.  She stayed at my house for that time.  Some of the time it was just her, and sometimes she brought some of her kids down with her.  It was so nice to spend so much time with her and her kids. 

Since Mia and Chloe had a turn to feed the sheep, I had to take Tyler and Isaac.  Isaac got a three wheeled scooter for Christmas, but he prefers the regular scooters.  He just thinks he's one of the big kids.  I was taking a picture of my little scooter boy, and then


he crashed, right as I took the picture.  He wasn't hurt, just sad for a minute.


Once we got there, Isaac didn't want anything to do with the sheep.  Tyler had a great time. 


Isaac was back on the scooter for the ride home.



When we got home, my little sister was there to practice her taping skills.  She's decided to do athletic training/sports medicine so she was taking a sports medicine class.  I took a class like it when I went to college.  I told her I had a video we had to buy that showed how to do all of the taping skills she could borrow.  She declined. She probably doesn't have a VCR anyway.



The kids liked to let her practice on them.  My brother's girlfriend told me Tyler's quote of the month.  He was playing with his cousin at my brother's house.  He picked up a magic 8-ball and asked, "Will I turn into a dragon?"  


Isaac's been watching a lot of Backyardigans.  Did you just sing that in your head, because I don't think I can say it without singing it.  He calls it Backyardsigans. He calls Austin, "Frostin."  I'm pretty sure his favorite character is Uniqua.  He's always talking about her.  She's pretty cute for a pink polka-dotted thing with antennae. I'm not sure what animal she's supposed to be. Tasha's clearly a hippo, Tyrone's a moose, Pablo's a penguin, and Austin's a kangaroo. 


One day in the car Brady was sitting next to Isaac.  He said to him, "Isaac, don't eat your boogers."  After removing his finger from his mouth he said, "It's yummy."

Isaac asked me, "How are you?"  I answered, "Fine.  How are you?"  He said, "No!  How are you?" with a lot of emphasis on "are".  Confused, I answered again, "Fine. How are you?"  Then he was really frustrated and said again, "How are you?"  That time I figured out he was asking how old I was.  So I answered 35 and asked how old he was.  He said, "4."  I told him, "No.  You're two."  He said, "No. I three."  Again I told him, "No, you're two."  He just replied, "There's a monkey behind you."
 
He's been watching so much motocross he's started to pick up on a lot of the techniques.  He was sitting on one of the million bikes at our house.  It's a little one with training wheels so he could sit on it.  Anyway, he says, "It's not starting."  Then he kicks the pedal a few times and he says, "It's started now."

When we go to the store, I tell Isaac and Tyler to hang onto the cart, which they very rarely do for very long.  They call it their skateboard.

Gabe started doing the combat crawl so he's all over the place now.  He likes to be where the action is now.


We got to go to some more of Brady's races. Andrew and Tyler had a good time climbing the ramp that Cowboy Kenny Bartram used later for the "half time" show until I got them down since they weren't supposed to be up there.


 Isaac loved going to them. One night at the race he kept saying, "Over the woops!"  with some major emphasis on "woops".  I didn't know he even knew that phrase, much less how to use it.


I brought Gabe one night.  He wasn't such a fan.  He was pretty grumpy even though he's smiling.


Too bad I couldn't get them to smile at the same time.  Brady won 1st place that night too.  He got an autographed trophy from Cowboy Kenny.


We had cake and ice cream with my family for Tyler and Brady's birthdays.  Tyler pretty much only ate the frosting off of his cupcake.


Gabe turned 9 months old.




Isaac found my candy stash and loved helping himself.


Our mailbox is on our porch so our mail lady comes all the way to our front door.  The kids love to get it from her before she puts it in the box.  Isaac just stands there like this.  He has his hand out waiting for the mail.  You can't see it because of the sun though.



My oldest brother came down for a conference for his business so my mom and I watched his three youngest boys.  We chose one of the windiest days to head up to Neptune Park for some good play time and a picnic.



Gabe had a nice nap.


Mia climbed the pyramid.


Chloe practiced her hula-hooping.


Alyssa had fun on this spinning thing.


After the park we hiked up to Battlecreek Falls.  It's a good hike for lots of little kids.


I made everyone take coats because it was fairly cold in the morning.  Mostly the coats just got dirty.  it warmed up enough that they didn't need them. 


Brady insisted on climbing up as far as he could, so Tyler had to do the same.  Colin slipped in the water. 


How hard is it to look at the camera at the same time?  Pretty hard. 


Here I am with all of my kids.  I really like this picture.  Too bad I found out after I uploaded it to get printed that my camera was only set to 540x360 pixels so it really doesn't even look good printed in a 4x6. Looks like we'll have to take another hike.  Maybe this time we'll bring Lance.



No comments: