April 10, 2015

Carnival and Snuggles

Who doesn't love a good carnival?


At least this year it wasn't blazing hot.  It was definitely one of the milder summer days, which is rare here.


Seth was pretty good for a while.  Since he insists on eating every two hours, I did have to feed him once.  Fortunately, I found a nice, not quite private space where only a few people walked by.  I'm all for women's rights to breastfeed in public, but it's something I'm not particularly comfortable with.  It's just a tricky deal, especially when you have other children who want to be running around.  It's pretty much impossible to chase after them.  


Gabe wasn't too sure about his first ride.  I had to kind of "encourage" him.


Once it got going, he had a good time and was ready for the next ride.


He really got into the rides after that.


Every time this ride went up, the girls' hair would fly straight up.  It was pretty funny. I tried to get a good picture of it, but couldn't.


Mia wasn't up for too many rides this year.  They were tough on her stomach for some reason.


The little boys loved the big slide, as usual.  They also loved the big play thing you walk through and go through obstacles.  It hardly seems worth it to me, but I try to let them make their own decisions.


Gabe was super excited to ride the train.


Isaac really enjoyed all of the rides this year as well. 


 By the end of our afternoon, you could tell Gabe was ready for his nap.


Of course we could leave without our sno cones and cotton candy.  Everybody came home happy.  


One day Tyler wanted me to take a picture of he and Seth.


Then Gabe got in the picture.


Of course Isaac was next.  I know my kids look like they're related, but I never realize how alike they look until I see a picture of them together! 


And then Andrew had to join the crew.  Such a fun bunch of boys.


And here's a cute little picture of Seth.


Here's cute little Gabe doing one of the things he does best, climbing.  He climbs up onto the windowsill, unlocks and opens the window, then climbs out of the window through the screen that he pushed out.  He's a busy little boy, which keeps me busy too.


This is how I spend a lot of my time.  It's time I love and time I know I'll never get back  It's totally worth it.  There's just nothing like holding your own sweet little baby, especially while he sleeps.  I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have had the babies I've had.  I know many think I'm crazy, and some days I agree with them.  I wouldn't trade my crazy for anything though.  I wish I could just store up these moments and revisit them at will.  Until someone comes up with time travel, I'll keep treasuring my snuggles with the sweetest little blessing there is.


No comments: