May 20, 2012

Poop in the Street

Friday, May 11th.

Tuesday (the 8th) I was reading to my kids before bed time and I got something in my eye.  I tried to get it out, but I think I just managaed to wedge it in deeper.  It was irritating the rest of the night and the next day.  I managed to make it through the morning even though it was really annoying and painful.  I went outside to stain our new deck and I really shouldn't have.  The sun really aggravated whatever it was.  I was quite the sight.  My eye kept watering and my nose was running since I've developed some allergies to something this year. So it looked like I was crying as I was staining away.  By the time I came back inside, all I could do was sit and close my eyes.  Fortunately, Isaac was asleep and Tyler was playing outside with his cousin.  That night for Young Women's we went to a dance performance at the high school since we had three girls in the show.  I was half tempted to wear my sunglasses inside because it helped take the edge off of the pain.  I didn't though.  It was ok during the first half of the show.  During the second half, they kept backlighting the stage different colors and for some reason, that bothered it more.  One of the other leaders told me her mom just had some hardened mascara removed from behind her eye so that made me a little paranoid that it was something horrible and not something I could just wait out. 


Thursday morning Isaac had a well child visit.  I made an eye appointment for right after that and prepared to deal with the pain as we drove to the doctor's office.  That was pretty awful.  I really shouldn't have been driving.  My eye was watering and irritated and driving towards the sun was causing major blurry vision.  I almost had to pull over a couple of times.  We made it there safely though.  Isaac's appointment went pretty well, at least as well as any doctor's appointment can go when you have 5 kids with you.  All of the kids got to look at Isaac's eardrum this time.  Last time, Chloe didn't get to see it and there was a meltdown after that.  Isaac sat very still and was very patient.  The doctor was pretty impressed that he sat so still for so long while everyone looked at his eardrum.  Isaac is definitely my most patient child. 


At the eye doctor's we got to wait about an hour before we even saw the doctor.  The first half was in the waiting room which had a few toys, more room and less expensive things to break.  For the second half, we got to be tortured with a small room, lots of things to touch that shouldn't be touched by little kids, and hungry, bored, tired kids.  There was a few tears shed in that room.  Finally the doctor came and was able to determine I had a 2mm corneal abrasion with a tiny particle stuck under my eyelid.  He put in a numbing drop, removed the particle and prescribed an antibiotic.  Life was much better after that, except for the tired, hungry, bored kids.  I fed the kids, sent three off to kindergarten and put one to bed.  The other was happy to watch a few cartoons for a little bit. I was able to regain a little of my sanity.  I can still feel the tiny scratch, but with the particle out, it's much better.



Last night I ditched my kids with my brother and snuck out to a Paparazzi jewelry party at my sister-in-law's house.  I brought Isaac with me since he wasn't feeling too swell after his shots.  After I bought a few things, I had a few refreshments.  I gave Isaac a cupcake.  He wouldn't take bites of it, of course, he just wanted to hold the whole thing.  I found a bowl to put it in and let him go to town with it.  I was sitting on the kitchen floor with Isaac on my lap so he wouldn't destroy her house or the jewelry.  He used his fingers to lick the frosting off of his cupcake.  And when he was ready to get up, he pushed himself off his lap with his frosting covered hand, right onto my chest.  I had a perfect white handprint on my brown shirt.  Very attractive. 

Later I was getting him ready for bed.  He's had some diarrhea (which the doctor attributed to teething since nobody else has had it) and I have the worst sense of smell so he'd been poopy for a while.  His bum was sore, so I let him go naked for a few minutes.  I was hugging my half naked boy when I felt a little warm sensation on my pants.  Nice.  My life is just so glamorous, handprint on my chest, pee on my pants, what more could a mother ask for. 

Today when I put Isaac down for his nap, Tyler came in and was being grumpy so he climbed on his bed and said he was tired.  He wouldn't come out, so I just left him there, fully expecting him to come out a few minutes later.  It's been two hours.  Apparently, he was tired.  I will most likely regret this tonight when he's still awake at midnight.  (He was up until about 10pm which is generally the same time Chloe and Brady finally give up for the night and go to sleep.)

Sunday May 20th.

For Mother's Day, Brady wrote some very insightful words for me in his class at school.  This is the back. 


And here's the front.


 It's nice to know my kids recognize me for what I truly am!  It's posted on the fridge to remind myself to be a little nicer.  After I had a few good laughs over it, I asked Brady if he knew what "hurendus" means.  When he said, "no" I told him it means worse than terrible.  He said, "Well, I meant the opposite of that then." 

Last year my brother brought a tricycle over to our house since his son had outgrown it.  About two hours later, Lance backed over it with the truck and busted it up a bit.  It's been in the garage as another project for Lance.  Brady and his friend Max beat him to it.  They found some duct tape and some training wheels and went to town. 




By the time they were done with it, they had added another training wheel and some sort of contraption on the back so they could sit on the step in the back instead of the seat.  It was pretty awesome.  Those two have a lot of fun creating things as well as destroying things.

Kohler's had strawberries on sale last week, a full flat for $8.99.  They were really good strawberries too, so we enjoyed a couple of flats.  I made some jam and we ate a bunch plain.  I even dipped some in chocolate.  Tyler loves fruit.  I think he'd be happy eating fruit all day long.  And this is what he'd look like every day. 


That was the first time he wore his shirt from Itty Bitty Football.  It really doesn't matter what shirt he wears, he usually ends up like looking like this by the end of the day.  He's a busy boy.

After church on Mother's day I had Lance take a few pictures of me with our kids.  I wanted to do it before church, but not enough time.  Isaac's eating a Dorito.  He had some immunizations that really worked him over.  He had a fever for about 4 days and would hardly eat anything.  I was just happy he found something he wanted to eat.  In case you can't tell, Chloe's on the right.  She wanted her hair straightened.  When Chloe has straight hair we tease them that we can't tell who's who.


Back in April, Lehi City had it's annual appreciation day at the Legacy Center.  They had free hot dogs, fire trucks and a swat vehicle to walk through as well as people passing out information about the different city departments.  They also had three bucket trucks they use for the power lines.  You could get a ride in the bucket too.  Brady was taking a cross-training class, so we happened to be at the Legacy Center when they had it.  We waited in line for about 45 minutes for their turn to ride in the bucket.  They put harnesses on each of the kids, then harnessed them together in the bucket so nobody fell out, then took them up as high as the bucket would go.  I only had my cell phone, so my pictures are not very good and you can't tell who's in the bucket, but this is all about memories, so just pretend this is a fantastic picture.


My kids are in the bucket on the right.  You can see a couple of hands waving at me.  They had a great time.  As you can see, it was cloudy and a little rainy at times, but that's fine with me.  We would have roasted had the sun been out.  By the time we were done with the bucket ride, the hot dogs were all gone, but my kids wanted to go through the information booth line since they were giving out such fun things as pencils, magnets and cups of popcorn.  It took about 30 minutes to get through that.  I was so ready to go home by then.  The kids enjoyed it though.

On the Saturday before Mother's Day, we had some cousins over.  Lance was taking them over to his mom's house to jump on her trampoline for a while.  He looked for Tyler and Andrew, but couldn't find them right away.  After he yelled for them, he realized he was in the neighbor's empty lot next to us.  In the back of the lot is an old dog run with a cement floor.  Apparently, they had to use the bathroom and were too lazy to come in the house.  I'm probably a bad mom because I let Tyler pee outside if he's in the backyard.  Well, apparently he decided it's ok to poop outside too.  Both of them had pooped on the cement!  Lance got a shovel and made them scoop it into a hole.  Then they had to stay home instead of go to his mom's house.  They said they wouldn't do it again.

Tyler didn't keep his word though.  The next day, Colin came in and told me Tyler had pooped and peed in the road!  I just about lost it.  One of the things I love most about Tyler is his unpredictability, but sometimes, it's a lot to deal with.  At night, after the stress of the day is over, I can laugh about it, but scooping your son's poop out of the street, is not so funny in the moment.

I finally downloaded all of the pictures off of my cell phone so here's a few old pictures.

Every once in a while my kids get into a kick where they like to wear their coats backwards.  Here's Tyler with his on backwards.  We were out for a walk on a semi-warm winter day.  There's two pink dots in the distance.  That's Mia and Chloe waiting at the corner for me.  I think this was winter of 2010 judging by the coats my kids are wearing.
















1 comment:

becky said...

look how awesome you did. You totally caught up. I love reading your blog. It is my goal to get a bunch done on mine this week as well. Wish me luck. We need to get together sometime.