August 15, 2012

$2 Tuesdays!

In August our Thanksgiving Point has $2 Tuesdays where every attraction or venue or whatever you call it is only $2 to get in.  Since the regular price to get into the Dinosuar Museum would run our family a whopping $42, and that doesn't even include Lance, I choose to take them when it only costs me $10.  It's a little crowded and Brady says you can't really "enjoy" everything.  I think it's just right, a little stressful for me trying to keep track of everyone, but mostly fine. 

Mia and Chloe wanted to be stabbed by the claws.


Chloe's playing in the cave.


Now they're all in the cave.


Brady refused to show his face in the cave.


Mia's roaring, Chloe's posing.


Now she's roaring.


Brady's doing some serious riding.


Digging for dinosaur bones.


Isaac's feet touched the sand and then he wanted nothing to do with it.  He was happy just to watch them.


This year I let them stop at the gift shop on the way out.  Usually I run past that as fast as possible.  A souvenir flat penny is good enough since they lose it anyway.  I remembered I had some money in my purse from Easter from their grandparents from a couple of years ago.  We were at Disneyland at the time so it kind of slipped my mind.  Brady picked an egg that you had to "excavate" to get the baby dinosaur out of.  He got it out that night.  I didn't take a picture of that mess.  He cleaned up most of it, but it was that nasty red clay-like dirt so it managed to get everywhere.  Chloe picked a heart-shaped pink crystal necklace.  Tyler picked a water wiggly thing that has already found the garbage because of some massive leaking.  Isaac got a noisemaker tube thing.  Mia was very indecisive and wanted the most expensive things there but finally settled on a glow in the dark dinosaur that you could also paint.

Outside they had to have their pictures taken at a few different spots.




Afterwards we stopped at Del Taco for some tacos since it was Taco Nite!  Only $15 and we went to the museum and had dinner, I'd say that was a pretty good night.  (That doesn't count their souvenirs, since it was their money anyway.)


No comments: