August 4, 2012

July

Tyler had a little run in with a hornet a while ago.  It got him right above his eyelashes on his right eye.  I was at Young Womens and my brother was over watching the kids.  After it happened, Tyler fell asleep for about an hour.  It wasn't swollen when he went to sleep, but when he woke up, it was definitely swollen. 

It looked even worse the next day.  Both eyes were almost swollen shut.  He hardly complained at all though.  Maybe that's because we went to the carnival.  More on that in a minute.


Each day it slowly looked better.  Lance was pretty worried about it, so I called the doctor Friday to see if they thought I should bring him in.  The nurse said since the swelling was in both eyes they needed to make sure it wasn't infected or anything.  (I'm going to quit calling to see if I should come in to the doctor's office.  They always tell me to come in for one reason or another.)  The doctor said the swelling was just an extreme reaction to the sting and since there's nowhere for the swelling to go, it ends up looking really bad.  Had it been an allergic reaction, he would have developed hives or tingling or numbnesss or swelling around his mouth. 


By Saturday night it started to look more normal.


Back to the carnival.  Everyone had lots of fun.






The one in the middle is not very excited to go on the Fireball or "Ring of Fire" as my kids call it.


Isaac enjoyed his ride on the train.


Mia, Chloe and their cousin went on Fireball by themselves.  I thought they'd be so freaked out the wouldn't go again.


They turned right around and went right back on it!


We finished our trip with snowcones


It's probably a good thing I got Isaac a blue one to match his shirt.  He thoroughly enjoyed it!


Here's my most recent belly picture.  It was taken mid-July so I'm about 33 weeks pregnant.  Try to ignore the dirty mirror.  It seems no matter how often I clean them, one of my children also tries to "clean" them or just manages to spread soap or toothpaste all over them.  It's amazing how helpful they can be.  And as you can see, Mia insisted on being in the picture.  I've definitely gotten bigger compared to my previous shot.

I'm trying to ignore the weight gain.  Let's just say I'm on track to gain my most ever.  I'm also probably the biggest I've ever been.  And I still have 4 weeks to go!  I guess that's what happens on your fifth pregnancy. 

Earlier this month, Brady managed to put together a nice message for everyone.  He's getting creative these days.



Isaac has grown very attached to Lance lately.  He has a hard time letting him leave to go to the shop.  He gives him a nice pouty face and tries to convince him to stay with hugs and snuggles.




A couple of days after the carnival we had a "family reunion."  My oldest brother was down from Montana and my sister came down from Idaho.  The rest of us live fairly close.  Seven out of nine is pretty good though.  I look ginormous next to my sisters.  That's what I get for being six inches taller and pregnant!  I should have traded places with my mom so I could be among those more my size.


The cousins had fun playing together.




We got them all together for a picture of course.  Amazingly, all 19 (out of 28) of them are looking at the camera and only Isaac isn't smiling.


This is their silly faces.  Some got a little more into it than others.


Two days after the reunion we went up to my sister's house in Idaho for almost a week.  She has a pool so my kids were very excited to spend some time at her house.  I'll save that for my next post.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Poor Eyes. My eyes watered for him. I loved all the picts but I want to know which kids belong to which siblings. I tried to guess but I don't know how close I was.

Rachel said...

The bondies are David's (4), the dark skinned dark haired are mine BUT ONLY 4 were present, Debra's you should recognize, and Jacob's is 4th from the right bottom row.