Gabe turned 7 months old. He's still a happy boy. His hair is still pretty dark. The top is really long, but the sides and back aren't. It looks like he has a stripe down the top.
As usual, whenever I take pictures of Gabe, there's someone else who wants in the pictures.
Tyler constantly makes me laugh. Spring was very fun around here. We live five minutes from Walmart, but still have neighbors with cows, horses, and chickens. There was a couple of baby longhorn cows a block away. We loved going to see them. Then about a half a block away from them, there was a horse who had a foal. We walked over to see it a few of times. After the foal was a couple of weeks old, they were moved back to their home. The last time we saw it, the kids were trying to decide the gender of the foal. (Sometimes I just like to listen to them all figure things out on their own, so I just listened.) They concluded it was a boy. As we were leaving Tyler said, "The mama horse looks like a daddy horse. It has a thing like the baby horse." I told him that's where the baby horse got it's milk. Tyler looked at me with a smile on his face and laughing he said, "Then it's a cow!"
We have medicine cabinets with three mirrored doors in our bathrooms upstairs. One day I showed Tyler what happens when you open the two outside doors. Ever since then he'll be in there talking to the mirror. When I ask him what he's doing, he says he's talking to his "friends."
One day, Brady, who's very sensitive to any form of nudity in his younger siblings, asked Tyler, "Why do you have a bare butt?" And Tyler replied I don't have a bear butt. We don't have bear bodies." You can't argue with that logic.
He must have a thing with bears lately because he also said to me another day, "When my feet are dirty, they're bear feet. When they're clean, they're just feet."
I told him to "say goodbye" one day. When he laughed at me, I asked what he was laughing at. He said he thought I said, "Drink your pie."
After watching Word World, he told me, "I do not want to go to Word World because it's creepy. They're all made out of words."
Chloe ended up in our bed one morning. She's usually pretty good at staying in her bed, but it was 6:30 am and Lance was getting up for work, so I let her stay.
One night Tyler decided to wash the dishes.
He was just perched on the edge of the counter. It looked pretty funny.
The next day for lunch Mia asked for her usual buffet. She has chips and sour cream, apples with peanut butter, an egg salad sandwich and carrots and ranch.
A few days later, I was in Salt Lake with the Young Women. We were up at Temple Square for a stake activity. Lance was home with the kids. Earlier that morning I was just telling one of my friends how it was crazy we hadn't had any broken bones at our house since they climb trees all of the time in our backyard. Lance called me and said Tyler was hurt and he thought it was pretty bad. Tyler had been playing at my brother's house with Colin. They were trying to pick up a big rock. Unfortunately, it was too heavy so Colin dropped it on Tyler's pinkie. Apparently it was bleeding all over and Lance said the tip was almost off. He called my mom and took off for the doctor's office. It was lunch break for the doctor's at our regular office and he was wondering where to take him. I told him to take him to the instacare. When he got there, they told him it was too bad for them to do, so they sent him to the ER. They thought they'd have to put him under to set it and stitch it up. Tyler is very sensitive to any kind of injury This one was pretty bad, so you can only imagine the amount of screaming. I felt really bad. I just wanted to be home, but I had driven everybody to Salt Lake, so I wasn't leaving until it was over. Lance said after they gave him multiple numbing shots, he was still beside himself so they just had to hold him down and get it done. After they were done, he finally calmed down. He gets so worked up, he just freaks himself out. It doens't help that he's had so many burns and stitches. He ended up with a bunch of stitches inside and 5 on the outside. They gave him a nice splint and sent him off. After some ice cream, he was much feeling much better.
The little white spot is the tip of the bone. The dark spot around the end of the bone is the open wound.
After a couple of days we had to change the bandages. Eve happened to stop by and Lance had to go to the shop, so she got to help me. After soaking it in water, we finally got the bandage off with some tears from Tyler. He was very worried it would hurt. Mia, was not as concerned.
We finally got it all wrapped back up. The next times we changed it, he wasn't as upset. He was beside himself when he got the stitches out though. He was really good going to the hospital. Once they pulled out the scissors, he freaked. I had to hold him down along with another nurse so they could get them out. Once they were done, he was fine.
A couple of days afterwards, Tyler told me, "I forgive Colin for hurting my finger." I asked him if what that meant. He replied, "It means I'm not mad." He's such a sweet boy.
I took a picture of Isaac one morning.
I must have left the camera out, because then he took a few pictures of his own.
Everyone needs a few good pictures of their feet.
No comments:
Post a Comment