November 12, 2013

Star Wars Baby Shower and Awtrey Family Reunion 2103

My sister-in-law decided (and by "decided" I mean "was surprised") to have a baby after a five year gap.  Since she'd given away most of her baby gear, it was time for a shower.  She and her family loves Star Wars so I settled on a Star Wars theme and had a little fun searching Pinterest for some good ideas and free printables.
 
 
Add some good food and lots of family and friends and we had ourselves a shower.

 
 
 
I had lots of help setting up thank goodness.

 
For the above artwork, I was inspired by the room below which led me to this etsy site which sells the prints (for a lot more than I was willing to pay).  I looked at them for a while, then realized I could create them myself in Paint. 
 
 
I started out just making the ones shown above.  Once I got it all figured out, I had to keep going and make six more.  If you can't name all 12, you're not a true Star Wars fan!

                                                                         

                                                                                         


                                                      

Later that day we had our annual Awtrey Family Reunion Picnic.  The girls who were at my house before the picnic found some colorful hair pant so I let them have at it.  They washed it out before the picnic.  I think they were scared their parents would not be happy.  I'm by far the coolest aunt. 
 
 
This year we invited some friends who we knew when we lived in Washington.  It was so fun to see them.  I was busy chatting with them so I gave Chloe my camera to document the day.  She was able to capture some unforgettable moments.



 












 


 


 
At least she got one of herself smiling.
 
 
This year we almost had everyone here.  There's only 5 grandkids missing.


Here's all of us who were there plus our friends who came.  (I don't know why I look so odd.  I was holding Gabe so I was trying to hide behind Daniel.  That doesn't explain the weird look on my face though.)  They have six kids.  One of them is a daughter who's a year younger than I am.  I asked them how old their daughter was when they moved to Washington.  They said she was probably about 12.  I was kind of floored when I realized I have a son who's 12 and I have six kids.  It's kind of mind boggling. 


 
Here's all of us except Paul.  We tried to get Adam to cozy up to David, but he said he was leaving a spot for Paul since he wasn't able to be there.  I think he just thought he looked taller standing farther away. 
 


I need someone to do some photoshopping for me to swap a few heads, then it would be a pretty good picture.






 
 

No comments: