February 7, 2014

September- poop in the kitchen

We started off September with a new tent.  The kids were so excited, they had to spend a night in it right away.  Lance bravely offered to sleep in it with them.  Gabe and I slept in our nice comfy beds in the house.
 

They had a great time.  Lance was exhausted for some reason.  I thought Lance would be done with camping for the summer, but he took them the very next weekend up the canyon to an actual campground.  They really had a great time there.  All of those pictures were taken with his phone since Gabe and I once again stayed in our nice comfy beds.  You'll just have to imagine some pictures of cute kids climbing all over big rocks.  Maybe someday I'll go through and blog all of his pictures.



My sister called me and asked if I'd make her daughter a Cinderella dress.  At first I said no since it kind of overwhelmed me.  I was already planning on making Mia and Chloe's costumes so I wasn't sure I'd have time.  I did some searching on pinterest and found some good, easy tutorials and went for it.

 
A few hours later (spread over a couple of days) and I had a finished dress.  It's so rewarding when things actually turn out!

 
My niece is Tyler's age, but a lot smaller, so I was measuring Tyler and Isaac to get something that would fit her.  Tyler was not happy to model it for me, which is slightly ironic since I have a picture of him in a Cinderella dress when he was two and he was happy as could be.  My niece was thrilled with it.  I even made her some accessories to go with it. 

 
Isaac is totally obsessed with socks.  One day I found him smelling Brady's socks.  Another day he insisted on wearing the girls socks.  I got some wooden ornaments from Hobby Lobby to paint for Christmas.  He had to have the stocking, except he calls it a "socking".  We have a small silver case that Brady got at a garage sale a few years ago that has had many lives.  Isaac started carrying it around so I asked him what was in it.  He opened it up and he had a pair of Brady's socks in it!  He even had to take it to the store with him a few times. 
 
He's been very clingy.  He says things like, "Mommy, I neeeed you." Or he wants me to carry him everywhere.  He really misses the other kids when they're at school.  He asked me for weeks when he was going to go to his "orange school."  It took me a while to figure out what that was.  One day I was watching the video from Tyler's preschool graduation and realized that Tyler's preschool had a big wall of orange.  Tyler wanted to go back to preschool too.  He says it was more fun than kindergarten.
 
 Isaac still has some cute mispronunciations.  We heard one of the neighborhood chickens making noise and he asked me what it was.  I told him it was a rooster.  A few days later we heard it again on our walk to pick up the kids from school.  He said to me, "Is that the booster?"  Another day he asked if he could "go jump in the puzzle."  I was a little confused until I realized he was pointing at the puddle that had formed at the end of the driveway after some rain.  How could I deny such a cute request?  He's also very polite.  He says please and "pank you" most of the time.

As much as I tried to stop it from happening, Gabe turned 1.  He got some clothes and a bubble blower push toy.  His favorite thing was the angry bird fruit snacks and sucker he got from one of his grandma's.  The bubble blower toy was a complete fail.  It never worked right and leaked all over.  It found it's way into the trash within a few days.
 


 
He knew exactly what to do with his cake.

 
He ate it pretty quickly too!


 
I took 6 different pictures of him and he had his arms up in all of them.  I guess he wanted us to know how he's "so big!"
 
 
A few days later he had a nice surprise for us.  We were eating breakfast when I noticed something on the floor below his high chair.  At first I wondered how in the world he'd managed to get his oatmeal so far under his high chair.  When I looked closer I realized it was not oatmeal.  If you look closely, you can see that this took a route that came down his leg.  Not a good sign.  This was definitely a first at our house!   The kids all thought it was hillariously disgusting.  It started smelling pretty bad, pretty quick.  I put him in the tub and cleaned him up.  I cleaned up
the kitchen and managed to not throw up.  He had a few more nasty diapers the rest of the day (all of which stayed contained, thank goodness) and I prayed nobody else would get it.
 

Unfortunately, my prayers were not answered as I would have preferred.  A few days later, Isaac was having some tummy trouble.  He was standing in the kitchen, and he looked at me with that confused look on his face then he looked down and when I followed his gaze down, this is what greeted me.  

 
On the positive side, Isaac is potty-trained.  (I was regretting it after the poop incident.)  One day I just decided to do it.  I was having second thoughts after the second day though.  He had a much higher success rate when he wasn't wearing any underwear than he did when he wore underwear.  After we got through the first few days, he was fantastic.  It took about a week before it really clicked and I didn't have to take him all of the time.  He would tell me when he needed to go.  It took much longer to get the pooping in the toilet down.  He prefers to hold it in. We're still working on that.  I told a few people that he was working on potty-training when he was next to me.  One day Tyler brought home this train from school.  Isaac saw it and said, "I'm potty train.  That's my potty train!" 


Gabe has gotten very vocal lately.  He's always squawking about something he wants.  We've gotten pretty good at figuring out what it is though.  Usually it's food or drink that someone else has.  He also gives high fives.  He imitates a lot of the sounds of words.  For high five he'll make the vowel sounds.  It's pretty cute.  He's walked six steps on the 23rd of September so he's definitely making progress toward walking.
 
Brady's growing up and realizing he might be getting too old for some things.  One night before he went to bed, he said to me, "I'm just going to say this because it's bothering me.  Am I going to go trick or treating?  I could stay home and hand out the candy while you take the other kids.  It's just weird now.  Instead, will you buy me like two bags of Smarties?"  This from the boy who went trick or treating as Captain Underpants last year.  They grow up so fast.
 

No comments: