Lance loves Disneyland. His obsession is quite impressive. He has Disneyland apps on his phone that he uses even when we are nowhere near Disneyland or even planning a trip. One of his favorites is Mousewait. He'll randomly check it and let us know the wait time for Splash Mountain is only 10 minutes. He knows lots of Disney trivia and watches every documentary on Disneyland or Walt Disney. Most of all he looks forward to spending days of undivided time with our kids doing something they all enjoy. I'm not quite the Disney enthusiast Lance is, but I do like spending time together as a family doing fun things.
This year we spent 5 days in the park. I spent lots of time with Isaac and Gabe since I wasn't able to ride too many rides seeing as I was 33 weeks pregnant. Gabe was so fantastic. I can only think of one time when he was really upset and that was during The World of Color show when he was pretty exhausted and we wouldn't let him run around. He cried for a while then he just zonked out.
Most of the pictures are on Lance's phone since it's just so much simpler to pull out a phone. Here's a few that I took.
Gabe loved seeing all of the ducks. These ducks were outside Innoventions
He really wanted them to come see him.
One of our favorite hangouts while everyone else was on the rides was by the big granite water ball outside Space Mountain. It was relatively enclosed so Gabe didn't run off. He liked touching the water and loved climbing up and down from the benches around the edge. The older kids loved playing with the ball as well.
Toon Town has lots of fun things for the kids to explore. Isaac loved the vehicles to climb all over.
Goofy's house is always a hit.
Isaac really wanted to ride in the Astro Orbiter. If you've ever stood in that line, you know it is one of the longest lines ever. It just takes forever so I usually tell my kids no way. On our way home one night there was a surprisingly short line. It had been raining off and on so I think that drove people away. Isaac decided at the last minute he wasn't really ready to ride it so Mia and Chloe rode. They both loved it, but Chloe wanted to go higher. Mia was in front since she's shorter so she was in control of the ship. Chloe wasn't very happy with that. Being taller doesn't always come in handy.
Cars Land in California Adventure was pretty impressive. It looks just like you're walking around in the movie. There wasn't as many rides as I would have thought. I expected it to be more like Bugs Land. The main ride is the Radiator Racers which you have to either get a Fast Pass for it first thing in the morning or be willing to wait in line for over an hour. The first day we went, we didn't do either.
Gabe and I found a good waiting spot down at the end of the street. He was pretty fascinated with this shiny metal. I was pretty fascinated with how clean it was. I can only imagine how many kids do this all day.
This one just makes me laugh.
There's a fun mural kind of hidden back here too.
It's a great place to take a family photo.
Tyler was just as fascinated with the super shiny metal.
As well as his reflection. I have no idea why he's kissing it. He was licking it just before. This boy is going to have one strong immune system. He kept licking the wet hand rails while we were in line for the Monsters Inc. ride. So gross.
Isaac loved it as well. There's just something mesmerizing about shiny metal.
Gabe took a few naps in the stroller. He never slept very long though. He was pretty exhausted by the end of the trip.
Isaac loves Dusty Crop Hopper so I thought he'd really enjoy Soaring Over California. (It's a big simulated plane ride in front of a huge screen so it looks like your flying. It's one of my favorites and I could ride it!) He wasn't too sure about it. Every time we went over water, he'd pull his feet up onto his seat. Then when we went over land, he put them back down. It was so cute to watch. The second time they went on it, Isaac didn't want to ride again so we found him some souvenirs. He's chewed on the yellow and red lights on his spinning toy which broke the light bulbs so only the blue light works now. He still loves it.
Cheese!
Tyler wanted me to take his picture on these barrels.
They look gross, but they're just painted to look like that.
One of Gabe's favorite things to do was throw things away. Every time he found garbage, he looked for a garbage can, which are everywhere in Disneyland.
After just one ride on Buzz's Astro Blasters, Gabe knew exactly what to do with the blaster.
Lance thinks I'm annoying for taking pictures with the flash on in a dark ride. These pictures are worth it though, don't you think?
Otherwise they look like this. Not so cute. Sometimes you just have to go against the grain to get good pictures of your kids.
Maybe someday I'll get the rest of the pictures off of Lance's phone. I wouldn't hold your breath though. I still haven't blogged our 2012 Disneyland trip. There's so much more to say about our trip, so I'll try harder to get it done.
I've been pregnant each of the three times we've gone to Disneyland. Planning a trip to Disneyland practically guarantees a baby in our future. I keep telling Lance I want to go five years between trips to Disneyland. Maybe he'll finally start listening to me! The first two times I was between 10-12 weeks and nobody else knew I was pregnant yet. I definitely prefer being in my third trimester. I wasn't constantly nauseated from the rides or the smells. (The fumes at Autopia almost did me in on our first trip.) Lance worked extra hard to make it easier on me too, which was really nice. The worst part of the trip was the 10 hour drive home which I knew would result in some swollen feet and ankles. It was worth it though. We all had a good time and there weren't too many major meltdowns. I even got to see the fireworks and go to a beach this time. Those two things have been on my Disneyland bucket list, so it was great to check them off!
3 comments:
I didn't know this about Lance. So funny. I need to come talk to you. One because it has been WAY too long. And two because we are planning a trip. Thinking very soon. We need pointers and seems you might be pros.
You should get the other pictures! :D
I'm glad you had fun. I'm tired just reading about it though.
Post a Comment