September 13, 2011

Tooth Fairy

Last night the tooth fairy came to visit this little girl. She lost her tooth at school, then promptly lost it again.  Fortunately, we found it so she could put it under her pillow. 


She was very excited, especially since Chloe already lost two teeth way back in March. 
 

This morning when she checked under her pillow, she found the bag with the money the tooth fairy left behind.  She woke Chloe up, and they proceeded to find "footprints" all over their carpet and the hallway.  Those footprints were actually random stains on the carpet.  I'm so glad I left all those so they could have such an enjoyable time tracking the tooth fairy.  I was going to take a picture, but figured this was a much cuter picture to share. 



Today I was busy making potato salad for a "Cruise on the Redneck Riviera" with a bunch of old people, although we've tried to politely call them seniors.  The Young Men and Young Women are in charge.  I offered to make the potato salad because I'm just not a fan of the store bought stuff.  My mom came over tonight and helped me.  I'm so glad.  Preparing enough potato salad for 60 people takes a while.


I was upstairs for a minute and Tyler came up with a big hunk of potato in his hand.  Fortunately, it was out of a bowl of cooled potatoes, not the hot ones on the stove.  He'd already taken a bite out of it.  He said, "Mmmm.  This is yummy." 


Usually, he prefers to eat things like cat food, so I was glad it was a potato.  For some reason he was really downing the cat food today.  One of my friends stopped by to drop something off (and also told me she was moving, sad.)  She asked, "Is he eating cat food?"  At this point, it's hardly shocking to me.  I've told him over and over not to eat it, it's yucky, gross, you name it.  But for as cute as he is, he is one disgusting boy. 

Isaac wanted in on the pictures today, so here he is.  Can you tell he's eating more baby food?  My kids' nose always turn orangey when they start eating baby food. 


Last Friday it rained.  And being the awesome, fun mom that I am, I let my kids play in it. 


They had a lot of fun.


I'm not sure what's up with Tyler's posing lately.  He's always tipping his head, doing pseudo gang signs with his hands and trying to make goofy faces.



Last week we were walking home from school and Brady said to me, "I think a girl in my class likes me."  Rather than saying, "Is she pretty?" which was my first instinct, I thought I would try to reinforce the idea that looks aren't everything and it's much more important to be nice, I asked, "Is she nice?"  He shrugged his shoulders and said, "She's kind of an abominable snowman."  Trying to contain my laughter, I said, "What?  How?"  He said, "She's really hairy."  When I asked how that was like an abominable snowman, he said, "Ok, more like a yeti." 

And today he and his friend were making videos of each other inflicting pain on the other.  For example, shooting each other with an air soft gun in the you know where.  Apparently, he needs to watch a little less Nitro Circus.  I can't wait until he's a teenager.

1 comment:

Ella said...

Hey, it's really fun to read about your life!! I've always wondered what's going on down that way. :) P.S. How big is Isaac? I have a 6-12 month dragon costume. And a monkey costume that Jack wore when he was 1. You're welcome to borrow!