October 6, 2011

A Day in My Life

It's so fun being a mom.  Let me just share a few priceless moments from my life yesterday.

Tyler-  "Mom, what are you doing?"
Me-  "Loading the dishwasher.  What're you doing?"  (Don't you think that should be a word, since that's really how I said it.)
Tyler-  "Cutting my finger off."

He wasn't kidding either.  He had a pair of scissors and was really trying to cut his finger.  I guess it's a good thing I didn't let my little brother talk me into that pair of Cutco scissors.  I'm pretty sure we'd've (that should be a word too, right?) made a trip to the doctor for some stitches.

We took Mia to gymnastics for the first time yesterday.  I had the stroller, so we had to use the elevator to go upstairs to watch her.  On the way down, Chloe wanted to push the down arrow button.  It wasn't her turn (since I had four other kids with me) so I didn't let her.  She cried and screamed for about an hour after that because she "wanted to push the down button."  About halfway through she forgot which button it was and it switched to the "up" button. 

After school, Mia brought me an apple. 

She asked me to take the stem off.  So I did.


I gave it back to her.  She yelled, "Mom, you always do that."  I asked her very patiently, "I always do what?"  She responded very impatiently, "You leave a piece of the stem in."  I told her that's as best I could do.  Because of that horrible piece of stem, she refused to eat it. 

At bedtime Brady came upstairs and demanded "Mom, you better have the soap dispenser in my bathroom full by tomorrow morning."  Nice, huh.  With a little bit of shock, I suggested he could probably fill it himself with the soap under the sink in the bathroom. 

Isaac was his normal cheery, patient self.  He's been getting molars, and he hasn't even been grumpy.  Thank goodness for babies. 

2 comments:

Cathy said...

What is this nonsense about taking 4 kids with you to gymnastics!? You shall be leaving a few of those at my house to play from now on. I will not take no for an answer. I'm calling you to discuss.

Nichole said...

LOL I love you and glad im not the only one that leads a crazy life