For the first few weeks we took the kids to school, Tyler was very disappointed he couldn't go. We kept telling him he has to be 5 to go to Kindergarten. Now he's always asking, "Is he 5? Is she 5?" when we see kids.
One night we were eating something with chocolate in it. (I've already forgotten what it is. I should have written about this sooner!) After taking a bite, he looked at it and asked, "Is this poop?"
If anyone has any money they need shredded, Tyler has been practicing. He found some of Mia's money and had a little fun.
I'm not even sure what to do with this. Should I tape them back together? Does the bank take them?
Today after I dropped the kids off at Kindergarten I went to the Legacy Center (the local rec center) to vote. After voting, Tyler wanted to go upstairs to walk around the track 3 times. (I would love to have gone many more than that, but it's not very fun with Tyler. He doesn't just sit still and watch everything go by. He wants to "ride" on the back of the stroller and do things like stop and look at the "big bucket".) We stopped to get a drink out of the drinking fountain. After he was done, he turned to me, grabbed my shirt and said, "Wait, I have to wipe off my face" as he wiped his face like that's the real reason Mom's wear shirts anyway.
I cleaned off the handle to our fridge with a magic eraser one day. The next day, Brady said, "Mom! We got a new freezer! Oh, no. It's just the handle is clean."
This year Brady has only wanted to wear shorts to school. I asked him why he won't wear his jeans. He told me he thought his thighs were fat. When I asked him why he thought this, he told me about one time in 2rd grade when his class was sitting on the kiva. (A kiva is a carpeted set of stair-like things the kids sit on for activities away from their desks.) The girl next to him looked at his legs, then looked at him funny and scooted away from him. And since she's really good at soccer, apparently that means she thought there was something wrong with his legs.
Brady woke up one morning saying he didn't feel good. He sat on the couch downstairs most of the morning. I went down to check on him and he had his thing of deodorant on his chest. When I asked him why he had his deodorant he said, "My nose smelled like poo, so I put it on my face so I couldn't smell it." That is a direct quote. I wrote that down.
Almost a month ago, Chloe lost another tooth. She came running into Isaac's room where I was getting him out of bed to show me she lost it. I told her to get a bag to put it in to put it under her pillow. Mia was in the room with me and was a little disappointed since she'd only lost one and that was Chloe's third tooth. Mia had a really loose tooth as well. She started to ask, "How come my tooth won't " and her tooth came out. It was only about 20 seconds after Chloe had lost hers.
Later that day, Chloe lost another tooth!
It was a busy day for the tooth fairy. I asked them what they thought the tooth fairy should bring them. Mia wanted a giant lollipop. Chloe wanted a trampoline. I told her that wouldn't fit under her pillow. She said, "She could just put it in the back yard." Then I told her I didn't think a little fairy could bring a big trampoline. She replied, "She could just have some other fairies help her."
I watch my nephew during the week. He was born two weeks after Mia and two weeks before Chloe. The other day after school Chloe and my nephew were in the bathroom after school. Brady and his friend were dowstairs and they heard Chloe say to him, "Pee in the garbage can." There was some laughing. After they came out, Brady checked. He really did pee in the garbage can.
One night after the girls were in bed, Mia was hungry. I let her have a piece of bread. (I know, super bad parenting. So many things wrong with that.) I walked by their room shortly after that and she was laying in Chloe's bed. When I asked her why she was in Chloe's bed, she said, "I don't like crumbs in my bed." I asked her if she thought Chloe did, and she said, "Yes. She does. They tickle her back."
Mia has this innate ability to know exactly what to do or say to get what she wants out of people. She often tries to convince Chloe or Tyler to get a treat that she likes so they can share with her and she ends up getting more than anyone. Mia sleeps on the top bunk in their room. When they first got their bunk beds she would often say, "I won't let you up on my bed," to get what she wanted. One day she was trying to get her cousin to do something. He wouldn't do it, so she said, "I'm going to kill your hamster." That immediately brought the desired response. She's not totally heartless though. The day he came over when his hamster died, he was inconsolable. She gave him the remote and a piece of candy to make him feel better. It worked too. He calmed down immediately.
No comments:
Post a Comment