November 18, 2011

Itty Bitty Football

In September Brady started flag football.  Every time we took him to practice, Tyler wanted to wear his football shirt and would ask me if it was his football.  The Legacy Center has a program for 3 and 4 year olds called Itty Bitty Football, so I signed him up thinking he would love it.  It's twice a week, an hour at a time and only 6 days total.  The first time he did really good.  He did all of the activites with the kids and had a great time.  The second time, I went upstairs with all of the other kids I had with me.  It's open to the gym downstairs so I could also watch Tyler.  Lance's mom showed up to walk the track so I talked to her for a minute.  When I looked down at Tyler, he was totally beside himself crying.  I went back downstairs as fast as I could, which wasn't very fast since I had a stroller and had to take the elevator.  Apparently, he just started crying.  Nobody knew what happened.  I think he looked for me and couldn't find me.  After that, he didn't enjoy it very much, even though I never went upstairs again.  That day was also picture day.  All of the kids got a shirt, then they took a team picture and an individual picture.  He refused to put the shirt on.  He still has never worn it.  He wouldn't get in the team picture and was refusing the individual picture too.  He was the last boy of the day, so I did my best to convince him to get his picture taken.  When I asked if he wanted a picture with everyone else, meaning everyone with us, he finally consented.  This is the picture I ended up with.


My three are in the middle and the two boys on the sides are cousins.  I can't believe how good they're all smiling.  Andrew even has his favorite pants on!  (There's a story behind those, but I won't go into that today.)  The picture is adorable and has a fun story behind it, so I'm glad I got it, even if he was put with the entirely wrong team.  I guess that's what happens when you don't stand in your team picture.

He only ever participated in one other activity.  They put stuffed animal things out on the floor.  The kids got to run to pick them up and run back to put them in the bag.  Basically, it was lines for kids (or ladders as I'm told they're called here).  I might have tried harder at lines if my coaches would've done that.  He really liked it.  Maybe he'll be a runner.  I always liked the running in basketball the best.


Usually, he preferred to play by himself.  Here he is playing dog. 


We definitely won't be doing Itty Bitty Basketball this year.  Maybe next year. 

2 comments:

Jessica Awtrey said...

Not even close to Andrew's favorite pants! I hate those pants and its all your fault! ;) That is a very nice pic though, minus the AWFUL pants.

Cathy said...

This post brings back awful memories of Danny's bout with itty bitty almost 2 years ago. Luckily, he smiled just as they handed him the ball to hold for his individual shot. But that's the only smile he gave the entire time. It's one of my favorite pictures of him. Someday we'll laugh about all this...I hope.