December 20, 2011

Skyscrapers

I really try not to focus too much on any one child, but it seems that one child has been the center of attention lately.  On Sunday Tyler did his best to entertain the congregation with a lap around the chapel.  (It was High Council Sunday, so who doesn't need a little entertaining during that?)  And since I was chasing him, it turned out to be a nice little race.  I was carrying Isaac, so I think I should have been the one with the head start though.  Fortunately, one of our neighbors added an obstacle to Tyler's course and he was returned to Lance.  I had lots of comments on how funny it was, so I guess he succeeded.  One of the Young Women was telling the story about it to those who weren't paying attention when it happened and she said I was "Church chasing" him.  You know trying to go fast, but looking reverent as you do it.  That might just be my favorite new phrase.

We went up to Temple Square to see the lights with my sister last night.  She's in town from Boise.  As we sat in traffic because of an accident for about 30 minutes (thank goodness for tv's in cars or I'm sure there would have been more than a couple meltdowns) Tyler asked me, "Is it American Fork?"  (Referring to a town nearby.)  I told him it was.  He said, "No, It's American Spoon!"  It was pretty adorable.  I could hear in his voice the cute little smile he had on his face.

After driving around trying to find a parking spot, and a stop at Maverik for a bathroom break, we finally made it.  While we were at Temple Square, Tyler really wanted to go into one of the "skyscrapers" and go up to the top.  I told him they were all locked and we couldn't go inside.  He said, "Yes we can.  We can just break one of the windows and go in!"  Of course.  What was I thinking?  He still wants to go in one.  He's asked me a couple of times today if we're going back up there to see the skyscrapers. 



These two are only about 3 months apart.  It seems my kids definitely got the tall genes and my sister's kids didn't.  Not that it's by any means her fault.  After all, she's only 5'6".


















Tyler hates seeing his owies, especially if there's blood.  It really freaks him out.  He doesn't even like it if I want to look at it.  He always says, "Don't see it!" over and over.  Apparently, he's not going to be a doctor.  Neither will Brady.  After seeing a billboard on the way home he asked me what a colonoscopy is.  I told him.  He said he's never going to be a doctor or anything like it.  Mia wants to be a doctor though.  She wants to give shots.  She might be better off being a nurse.  They're the ones who end up inflicting all of the pain. 

3 comments:

becky said...

I love the stories. my boys would have thought the american fork joke was a good one. And hey, I know all those kids.

Cathy said...

I'm feeling kind of left out here. I totally missed the church chase. I was probably taking one of my kids out to the bathroom for the 8 millionth time.

Rachel said...

Mine my be shorter but they got some other better looking genes!