December 8, 2011

PB and J + Mustard

One night Tyler wanted a sandwich for dinner.  I asked him what he wanted on it.  He said he wanted peanut butter and jam.  Then he also got the mustard out of the fridge and told me he wanted that on it too.  I told him you don't put mustard on peanut butter and jam sandwiches.  Lance then informed me he'd been putting mustard on Tyler's sandwiches.  I'm not a mustard fan at all so the idea of adding mustard to anything is disgusting for me, but a peanut butter and jam sandwich?  That can't really be appealing to anyone.  He said he just puts it along the top and Tyler just licks it off and finishes the rest of the sandwich.  Doesn't that look appetizing?

Tyler ate it and was very pleased with it.  Well, he ate a few bites.  Then we had to go pick somebody up and he didn't get back to it.  I'd like to say this will not be a trend at our house when I'm in charge, but really, if he'll eat it, I'll probably make it.


During Thanksgiving break, I got the paints out and let my kids paint some Christmas ornaments I bought two years ago and didn't get around to last year.  Something about having a baby postponed that project.  I did really good and was able to let them paint them all by themselves instead of hovering and "fixing" things.  I did the glittering though.  I wasn't in the mood to clean up glitter as well.  I haven't taken a picture of their final products, but they turned out great had a lot of fun.


Last Friday we went up to Woods Cross for my nephew's birthday.  He died when he was 7 because of cancer so we gather at his grave.  It's an emotional time, but I'm so glad we do it.  His mom wrote the saying on the headstone.  It says, "I loved to tell jokes, and games I would play.  But my body had cancer, I just couldn't stay.  So Mom and Dad, and my brothers all three, Hold onto Christ, he's holding me."   



 We sent 14 balloons up to him.  (I added the Christmas decorations for security.  It's really sad how some people try to take advantage of other people's losses.)


There they go.  On a side note, this was after the huge windstorm they had up north.  There were tons of huge trees uprooted.  It was pretty crazy.


The next day we put up the Christmas tree.  Isaac loves this ornament ball.  He was throwing and chasing it all over.


Brady wouldn't look at me.  Another side note, he had just taken a shower.  He took care of our neighbor's chickens while they were out of town and somehow he ended up with chicken poo on the back of his leg. 


Tyler had a lot of fun. 


Mia was thrilled of course.  She loves holidays.  She's always looking forward to the next one.


Chloe had more fun than this picture shows.  She just got sick of me telling her I had to take another picture since they kept coming out blurry.  I was trying to take it without the flash. 


Yesterday, Isaac found himself a marker on the floor.  He had to take a bite to see if it tasted good.  Thank goodness for washable markers.


About a year ago I made these coat racks for my back door.  The nearest coat closet is upstairs and very small.  The piles of coats were driving me nuts.  I bought a board, cut it in half, had my brother router the edges for me then spray painted it oil rubbed bronze.  I was very pleased with myself and they worked really well for a while.


Except I made one mistake.  I didn't buy the heavy duty hooks.  I didn't think I needed them.  I never thought my then two year old would be so incredibly determined to get his own coat that he would break off the hooks.  I ended up with three hooks that looked like this.


So, while I was Lowe's getting a new door knob for my front door since the old one wasn't shutting all the way, which I installed by myself in about fifteen minutes, I found these hooks.  I thought 10 hooks would be enough for my kids, but it's amazing how many sweaters and jackets my girls have.  It probably took about ten minutes to change out the hooks.  I already love them.  Now maybe I'll be able to keep backpacks off the floor too.


And since I had my drill out, I took off the front panel of the washer to see why it's leaking.  I was secretly kind of hoping it would be something major so I'd have to get a new front loader, but it doesn't look like it.  See that gray thing at the bottom with the black hose going into it?  That's the washer pump and that's where the water's coming from.  According to some sites online, it's a relatively simple fix.  The part's only about $60 so I guess I'll save my money for Disneyland. 

1 comment:

becky said...

I love all the pictures. and I am with you on the mustard. gross.