I made some hot chocolate from scratch, you know with the actual cocoa powder, sugar, water and milk, to try to make up for it. The other six kids (we have a couple of cousins over) at my house played in the snow and I knew they'd want some after they came back in the house. They used up all of my powder stuff the other day when they played in the 2 inches we got from the previous storm. I even bundled Isaac up and took him out. It was pretty much his first experience in the snow. He was too little last year and we've hardly had any yet to take him out into. My sister-in-law thinks the snow suit is ridiculous, and it kind of is. I'd say it's definitely vintage. It even has a string to tie the hood. I've had it since Brady was a baby, that's almost 11 years. I think my mom got it from a garage sale or something too, so it's even older than that. Since my kids that age usually wear it only a couple of times, I figure there's no use replacing it.
Here's Tyler with another vintage item. His hat used to be Lance's when he was little. The pom pom on top has lots a few strands of yarn and Mickey Mouse is coming off, but my kids love to wear it. And yes, he's eating the snow. Probably tastes like cat food. Fortunately, I overheard them talking amongst themselves about how you don't eat dirty or yellow snow.
And here's Mia loving on Isaac. She loves that boy. She's a good big sister.
Here's one of my favorite pictures of the day. I didn't even pose it. I put Tyler's mittens on the bench before he went in and the other kids just followed suit as they went in.
I'm glad we got some snow the kids could actually play in. Now, Spring can come. I'm ready for warm days. Some of my Tulips and Daffodils are starting to poke through. I love to see that. Spring is my favorite time of year. Hopefully it comes soon. January and February seemed long and I've had very little desire or motivation to do more than just the basics. I haven't worked on any of my little projects I always seem to have going, or at least in my head. I even bought some fabric to make my girls a couple of new skirts and I've done absolutely nothing with it. When I bought the fabric, only Brady was with me. He was a little jealous as he told me I'm always making things for the girls, but not him. I asked him what he would like me to make him. I offered to make him a skirt. He decided it wasn't so bad that I never made him anything.
Isaac has been changing from a baby into a toddler. Fortunately, he's still a momma's boy, so he still likes his snuggles. He definitely says "Mama". When I'm gone, he'll stand by the back door waiting for me to come back. As soon he hears the garage door open, he'll run to the door saying "mama, mama". He does the same for Lance. He even says "mama" when he gets home. He says "nigh nigh". I think he's referring to his blanket because that's the only time he gets it usually. He's usually very happy to go "nigh nigh". I'm pretty sure he said "up" the other day although I don't think he's said it again. He can sign "please", "thank you", "drink", and "all done". He will usually only do "please" and "thank you" when Mia has candy he wants and she tells him to say it. It's still adorable. He has signed "all done" a couple of times when I've been feeding him yogurt and he hears the spoon scraping the bottom. It's pretty cute.
He has started to be a little tease. When I tell him to go get his coat, he'll go over to where his coat is hanging. When I get it off the hook, he'll start laughing and try to run off. Then he'll turn around and come almost back before he takes off again. So cute. As much as I think I shouldn't encourage it, it's too cute not to laugh.
He hates having his feet touched. He's very squirmy when I put socks or shoes on him. He can hardly stand it. Trying to cut his toenails is a bit of a workout. It just drives him crazy to have me hold his foot. He doesn't like it when people try to tickle his feet either. He just pulls them away and stares at you. He gets this all from his dad. Lance has very sensitive (and unattractive) feet. He doesn't like having his feet touched at all. It works out well for me since that means I never have to massage his feet.
When he gets his feelings hurt he bows his head and puts his fists to his eyes and just pouts. He doesn't usually cry unless he's really upset. He just gets the saddest look on his face. Then he'll peek through his hands once in a while. It's so adorable and sad at the same time.
When I try to sit at the computer he finds every toy he has any desire to play with and brings it to me. Then he wants up on my lap while he plays with them. He gets up and down about every 30 seconds and usually ends up hitting his head on something. After he gets bored with his toys, he tries to help me type or use the mouse. That may help explain why I haven't posted a new blog in over a month. He has a tendency to take over my computer time. He's still a happy, easy-going boy. Pretty soon I'm sure he's going to start trying to follow the example of his older brother, and that's a little scary. Tyler is a boy all his own. I need to do another complete post just about Tyler. So many stories.

1 comment:
That was some good snow wasn't it? I miss it already. I love Lance's old hat. Very vintage.
Post a Comment